Introducing, The Mini Guild Project
Soooo this little beauty might look a bit familiar to some of you. It was, in fact, the 2019 Creatin’ Contest held by Hobby Building Supply (Miniatures.com) - which I had plenty of time to do and was definitely going to enter, of course. But mind you, this was before COVID so my excuse is that I didn’t have the time to do it (since I logically can’t have a COVID excuse of why it isn’t done yet). Nonetheless, I still have this gorgeous specimen of a little shed that still brings me joy to look at.
Well actually I have two. You see, once COVID hit, we decided at the dollhouse club (Les Petites) that we all needed things to keep our little hands busy and thus suggested this as a club project. Members were asked to choose between this Serendipity Shed and the Corner Place Kit. Or they could get both. Which I did, of course. Again - with plenty of time and lots of intention to get them both done.
Alas, here we are. Nothing done.
And then I thought of you, of course. I know this year has been a rollercoaster for everyone, no matter what this year has looked like for you. But the one thing I kept coming back to is that we are all going through it together. We all know what quarantine is like now, we know how to be confused and enlightened at the same time, we know how we naturally smell after not showering or changing for days. We all did things a bit differently, sure. But we all experienced them for the first time together globally and without any kind of segregation of age, race, religion, sex, gender. etc.
Our 2020 Miniatures Show and Sell was cancelled (ahem COVID) and we are still unsure if we are having one this year. Our theme was “Outside the Box” and I can’t really think of any other year that has forced us outside our boxes, am I right? So that got me thinking of how I can reach outside my own four walls and still create a sense of community like our show does.
And this is what I came up with...
THE MINI GUILD, Project #1
- Each week or so I will gather design concepts and present them to you for your consideration, through Mini Mail, Instagram updates, homing pigeon. You never know. So be on the lookout!
- There will be a time frame to vote on which of the choices is your favorite. Time frames may vary depending on how much there is to do and how much time I have to actually do it. Collaboration is Key! Feel free to leave comments or offer suggestions that may even seem “outside the box”.
- Spread the word to anyone you know - the more the merrier! IG hashtags will be #theminiguild or #thedesignerdollhouse
- The selection that gets the most votes wins and gets implemented into the overall design.
- Repeat the above steps until donezo.
You supply the enthusiasm, excitement, and the votes! I'll supply all the interior design knowledge that I’ve picked up over the years, my vast sample library with fabulous designer materials I have been hoarding ahem - saving, the super cute house, furnishings, and sweat equity (of course).
One of my favorite parts of a true-scale design project is collaborating with the client on what they like, need, and wish for while combining that with my own vision for their space. Together we create an environment that is truly one-of-a-kind that neither of us imagined from the beginning. And you don't even have to do any heavy lifting!
So what do you say?